Friday, March 4, 2011

My list

Hello Friends :) its been a little while since I posted.  Seems that life has been extra crazy since I have gotten married.  Believe me, it was already crazy before I became a Mrs....I have been reading several friends blogs and they have written down their to do list so to speak of things they would like to accomplish or change about their life before their next birthday.  These post really got me to think about what would be on my list.  Well, here is one of the items on my  "list"

Draw closer to God -at the beginning of 2011 I really had a burden to read and study and more importantly memorize God's word.  One day searching blogs, I ran across Beth Moore's Lifeway blog.  I am a HUGE fan, so I immediately started reading.  One of the post was about a scripture memory challenge.  She was encouraging women to memorize 2 verses each month.  As soon as I read this, I felt that God was saying-go for it.  It is amazing how God places us exactly where we need to be.  I decided to take Beth's challenge and have learned 3 verses so far this year and am currently learning my 4th.  These verses have really been an encouragement to me.  Many times throughout the day one will pop into my head at just the moment I need it.  God is so good to us.  He is faithful to those who are faithful to Him.

Here are some of the verses I have been learning and what they have meant to me :)

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in Glory in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:19--My,oh my, has this verse been an encouragement to me.  God wants us to rely on Him to supply our needs.  He is to be our guide.  There are so many times when I am not patient and let my will take over.  This is sin, plain and simple.  We are to let go of our will and follow God.

"You crown the year with Your good blessings, and You leave abundance in Your wake." Psalm 65:11--Such a precious verse to me.  God blesses us and then when we are troubled we have those blessings to focus on.  I use to find myself saying "why me" or "why not me" however, now my perspective is to think about what God has blessed me with not those negative thoughts.

"You have multiplied, oh Lord my God, Your wondrous deeds and Your thoughts towards us; none can compare with You. I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told." Psalm 40:5--Wow! God thinks of me.  Little, old, Kristin from Pitt County, NC! What an amazing thought.  The God of the Universe who made the heave, moon, stars and everything in between thinks of me.---Amazing.  Sometimes I sit back and think about all the attributes of God. I even wrote them down one day in my journals.  Our God really is indescribable as Chris Tomlin sings.  I am so glad that he loves me and forgives me when I fail Him.

Have a wonderful weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment