Thursday, April 7, 2011

Taking Up our Cross

This afternoon Matt and I decided to watch Passion of the Christ while we ate dinner. I haven't seen the movie since it came out years ago. Oh my word, after watching this movie I always walk away being amazed at what an awesome God we serve.

I have really been thinking lately about how great our Father's love for us really and truly is. He came to this earth, knowing that He would die for us. He was persecuted and tormented for us, so that through Him we would become followers. This morning I was reading in Luke about Jesus death. Not matter how many times I read these precious words I still cannot fathom how Jesus loved you and I so much that he died for us. More specifically, He died to save us from our sins. Little old me. Wow! God is amazing.

I was really moved today watching the scene where Jesus is carrying His cross to Golgotha. The scripture in Luke chapter 9 "if anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Jesus was truly living by example. This week try to read about Jesus death, burial, and resurrection. Think about the true sacrifice Jesus made of Himself for us. I am truly thankful to serve a risen Saviour who loved me before I even knew Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment